Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Operation Giggle 2015

For the last 4.5 years this blog has sat dormant. I just couldn't bring myself to delete it. And now I know why!

Operation Giggle is BACK!!!

I'm excited to announce that we will renew our efforts to bring the joy of Christmas to orphaned children.

In the fall of 2009, fresh off a trip with my best friend to pick up her daughter from a small province in China, I answered the Lord's call to serve orphans from my home in Tennessee.

For two years we served two orphanages (one in China and one in Ethiopia). Due to health concerns and a busy season of life we discontinued the program in Spring of 2011. I have thought about getting things started back up several times. I just didn't know where to start. Both contacts at the orphanages we served before had moved back to the states and I wasn't sure how to get the ball rolling again.

I'm excited to say that we will be partnering with EmmaLee Joy and The Gem Foundation to bring Christmas to their 26 gems and the 28 members of their staff.

If you know EmmaLee you will understand why I am so excited to make this an unbelievable Christmas for her and her gems.

I wil be posting pictures of each child and staff member as well as their names, and any helpful information like their favorite color, interests, etc.

We will need a sponsor for each child and staff member as well as donors to help with the cost of shipping. I would also like to have donors supply all of the needed items for an awesome Christmas Party.

Look for more info in the coming weeks.

In the meantime check out EmmaLee's website and blog at:

http://www.thegemfoundation.com/about.php

http://emonamission.blogspot.com


Because of Him,

Sherri

James 1:27




No comments:

Post a Comment