Thursday, December 3, 2009

Strike Lord Strike!

Truth is truth, and in the end God, like lightening, is looking for a conduit. ~Unknown


I read that today. I re-read it. I let it sink in and then I came straight here to post.

God is like lightening and he is looking for a conduit...

The definition for conduit is: means by which something is transmitted.

Hmmm so that means God is looking for a means to transmit himself to this world. You know that is exactly what happened with Operation Giggle. I said "God I want to do something awesome for these kids but I can't do it on my own. I don't have enough. Not enough money, not enough knowledge, not enough help, not enough strength, not enough power." It's like He said..."oh you are willing but don't have enough...well guess what...I'M ENOUGH!" That's all it took...I posted a blog and BOOM the lightening of God conducted himself through not only me but all of you and these 130 children were shown love. It's amazing. It's outstanding. It's exceedingly abundantly above all that I could ask or even think...HOW? well, according to the POWER that works in me...(remember I'm not enough so...) that POWER is JESUS CHRIST! *This is Ephesians 3:20 if you didn't know* That POWER is what saved me, it's what has kept me since I was saved at 13 years old it's the POWER I use to get up in the morning and the POWER I use to be a mother, wife, employee, sister, friend, daughter, ect, ect, ect. HIS POWER IS ENOUGH!

So now that we have that settled I feel led to tell you about the next phase of my life that I will have to trust in his POWER to take care of. My husband and I sent in our preliminary adoption application on December 1st. I know that God has led us to this place. I feel his POWER all over me when I look at the faces of those without a home. I know that God has a plan...A GREAT PLAN...full of POWER to get this adoption done. But I don't have a plan. I have no clue how to raise the $25,000-$30,000 that it will take. I have no sewing ability, I can't make bows...I blog, I scrapbook, I teach, I preach, I organize, I work...those are the things I do...so I have no clue how God will turn those things into the money we need but here is the amazing thing...it's not about what I do. It's about what HE does, and HE PROVIDES, HE LOVES, HE CARES, HE IS IN CONTROL, and of course HIS POWER is enough for whatever I go through. So God you are the lightening...we are standing here in the middle of this new place with our arms extended in praise we are just waiting on you to strike. Please pray for our family as we take this journey. God Bless You All!

In Christ Alone,

Sherri

5 comments:

  1. Oh Sherri! God WILL provide the money needed to bring your child home!!!! I am SO excited for you! And don't worry about not having a plan...God's plans are always bigger than ours anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry,

    I am so excited for you and your family as you start on this journey! We are just ahead of you and cannot wait to follow your journey! Make sure to post your blog address!
    And thank you for all that you have done for these kiddos. They are going to have such a special Christmas!!!
    Nicole
    www.journeytoourlittleladybug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you are not in control and He is, He shines!! Just trust Him and He will show you the way. Praying for you and so proud for your family!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherri - I agree with Tara, God WILL provide! What a blessing you are to so many and I know God will use these steps of faithfulness in mighty ways to encourage others to step out of their comfort zone and let HIM work through them. I needed to be reminded of that today - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherri I am so thrilled in the news and in awe of God all at the same time! I wish I had more time to write. However, if you have not checked out my site you must check out this one
    http://www.justlovecoffee.com/LittleFamily
    You can raise funds through something like this (like the Little Family is doing) so don't think you have to sew or make bows!
    You might want to check out their family site here
    http://littleadoptionfundraiser.blogspot.com/
    to find out more about how the storefront works for their adoption journey. I bought coffee at their store front ... and I bet I would from yours too ;-)
    Best of luck and I can't wait to follow your journey! You are an inspiration and so in love with God. That is so AWESOME!
    Blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete