Monday, October 12, 2009

WE DID IT!

Updated again to add: WE HAVE NO CHILDREN LEFT TO GET SPONSORED BUT...CHECK BACK TOMORROW FOR BIG NEWS!!!!!

Updated to remove the boys that have been requested and change the numbers. I am trying to keep this post current.

Good Monday Morning! I hope everyone had a great weekend! I truly believe that by this weekend every one of these children will have a sponsor.


 Don't forget that if you have already agreed to buy for a child and haven't gotten to see their profile that you can click on the New Day button on the top right of the screen and then click on the link that says "Our Children" it will show you pictures of all the children and you can click on their pictures to get to their profile.


As soon as I find Christmas families for this child I will be emailing specific gift information, shipping address, and timeline information to all of the Christmas families.



A friend recommended that I break the shipping down per child and asked for sponsor's for each child's shipping cost. The shipping cost is right at $25 per child. I would like to wait to do that until I see what I can raise here. I am going to be placing donation boxes at the following business here in Bradley County:



Jim Rush Funeral Home (Both Locations)

Paisley

Fantasy Styles and Tan

Debutante Salon and Day Spa

And

Dr. James White's office in Chattanooga, TN



We want to thank these wonderful CHRISTIAN businesses for allowing us to do this. I want everyone to join me in praying that by this time next month our shipping cost is completly covered. If not I may try to find sponsor's to help cover each child's shipping. Just to be clear this does not have to be the same family that has agreed to buy the gifts for the child, it can be anyone that wants to help. Like I said I will let you know if we get to the point where I feel this is something we are going to have to try to do.

If you wish to make a donation and you do not live in this area you are welcome to click on the Donate Now button and it will be placed in our PayPal account.


Please pray for me as I prepare to go on the radio on Wednesday to let others know about our shipping need. (see last weeks post for more info)

God bless you all and have a wonderful Monday!!


6 comments:

  1. Hi Sherri -

    I am a sponsor at New Day (sweet Khloe) and would love to help out with the Operation Giggle by sponsoring Tristan.

    Thank so much & blessings to you!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Kevin is our son! We are his forever family! I'm giggling that God saved him because God must have known Kevin's momma (that's me!:) has had a crazy couple of days and hasn't hopped over to scoop him up yet! ;)
    Thanks so much for doing this...I can't wait to read the other posts and learn more about it!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, I just have to say how much I am GIGGLING that our Kevin is the only one left!!!!! Oh he definitely has LOTS of lovin' comin' his way from Alabama! We were DTC last week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have given Kevin to you...please email me at sdrgodsgirl@yahoo.com and give me your first and last name and email address. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah!!...I'm glad I was able to help you ladies hook up. God was in control of this all along! <><

    Laine ~ you are SO cute with all your 'giggles'!!!

    Sherri ~ YOU are doing and AWESOME job handling all this...I can only imagine what your 'inbox' has looked like lately!!?!! ;)

    Can't wait for tomorrow's BIG announcement. I'll stay tuned!!!

    OXOXO,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise God. I cannot wait to hear what the big news is. I have a guess (shipping costs maybe), but I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow for sure.

    mandi

    ReplyDelete